Monday, December 30, 2013

December 23, 2013 - Merry Christmas!

My dear family!! I hope that everything is going well for you back home in Utah! I am so excited to see and talk with you on Christmas this week! that will be so great:) I am really looking forward to it!



This week has been pretty eventful with Christmas activities. It has been really great and busy!! As you know we had zone conference this week which was so great. It is always great to hear from President and Sister Weston! The whole thing was about the Atonement and I learned so much from it.

I went on exchanges with our new Sister Training Leaders, Sister Peterson and Sister Hamilton, this past Friday! It was so great! It was very cool because I went out with Sister Hamilton my first day here in Omaha about 2 months ago, so it was cool to see how much has changed in that short amount of time and how much I have grown and changed as a person. We saw a lot of miracles that day but there is one in particular that I want to share. His name is Jebadiah and he is so prepared! Sister Peterson and I were walking around in their area (Ralston) and we saw this guy a ways down the street. We decided that we needed to hurry and catch him and talk to him! so we basically ran down the street! haha it probably was pretty funny to watch this all take place as an outsider:) When we caught up to him and started talking to him he seemed really surprised. he said that his whole life he has been getting caught by Mormon missionaries and he cant get rid of them. He said that no matter where he goes in the world, they always seem to find him:) He has been meeting with the Elders I guess but has got to a point where he wasn't sure if this was the right thing for him and if he should continue meeting with him. He prayed that morning and asked Heavenly Father if this was the right path for him and if He saw Sister Missionaries than he would continue learning and be baptized. It was really funny because he thought that there wasn't such thing as sister missionaries. So when we saw him that day we taught a watered down version of the Restoration and committed him to be baptized! It was really cool to see how prepared Jebadiah was! This showed me that the Lord is so aware of us! He loved Jebadiah so much that He found a way for us to come in contact with him that day, to show him that God was aware of him. I love being a missionary! We see miracles like this all the time!! I love it!!

Last night we met a new potential investigator! We were visiting a less active in our ward and felt like we should go knock on some ones door and carol to them! So we did and it was really cool. She has a little boy maybe 4 years old. They don't really talk about religion very much in their home but he went and found a cross in her dresser drawers and asked his mom to tell him more about Christ. He wanted to know more about Him and what He was like. Right after that all happened is when we knocked on her door. She kind of just stood at the door in shock!! She was busy but we made a return appointment with her tonight at 7 so keep her in your thoughts and prayers!!

Christmas this year has been very different for me in comparison to all of my past Christmas's. I have found myself understanding Christmas and not just enjoying it. In my self centeredness I never imagined a Christmas day spent any other way than with my family. I now find myself 1000 miles away in a place that I never expected myself to end up in. But, I am so grateful for this opportunity that I have to serve my Savior this Christmas. It is a remarkable privilege to share my testimony of the Savior and His love with everyone that I come in contact with. I want to share with you guys my testimony of the Savior. I know that He lives. I know that He loves us unconditionally and more than you could ever imagine. You are never alone because He has overcame everything that you will experience on a very personal level. He understands your pains, worries, and weaknesses and He will always be there for you to strengthen, comfort, and heal you. I have been so blessed to be a missionary and to feel of the love that He has for me, but also for the love that He has for the people that I am serving. Something that I have come to understand about the Atonement, is that when we understand it better, we have greater concern for "the one". In our lives, we are "the one". The Savior is ALWAYS there waiting for you to let Him help you. He loves you! Never hesitate to turn to Him. If you would like, there is a really great Mormon message. I think it is called Lifting Burdens:) You should watch it!!

Love you all so much!!! See you in 2 Sleeps!!!!

With love,
Sister Christensen

(your favorite missionary in Omaha) haha

No comments:

Post a Comment