Tuesday, January 20, 2015

January 20, 2015 - A Week of Miracles

Dear mom, dad, family, and friends,

I love you! We had a really great week! It has been pretty crazy though. With it being Sister Wrubell's last week, we had our hands full of lots of people to try and see. We saw lots of miracles. I am so thankful that I was able to serve with her this transfer and learn so much from her. I know that her family will be very happy to see her again. She has served the Lord with all her heart. I look forward to finding out who my next companion will be on Thursday and picking her up in Grand Island on Friday. I love her so much already! 

Going on a mission was the best decision that I have ever made and would easily choose to serve again in a heart beat. Sister Wrubell and I talked quite a bit this past week about that. I am so thankful that I have been able to see the effects of the Atonement of Jesus Christ firsthand on my mission. At times it is really hard to notice or realize if you have changed at all, but I know that I have. My heart and desires are completely different and all I want to do is to serve Christ and become more like Him. I know that He can help me to continue to change and become the person that I have the potential to. I still have many, many weaknesses, but through faith in Him, He can help me grow and continue to change my heart. I don't know where I would be if I hadn't chose to serve a mission. Quite frankly, I am glad that I will never find out the answer to that! I thank Heavenly Father every day that He still allows me to serve His children and help Him accomplish His purposes. We are so lucky to be a part of this work!! I can't wait until Derrick, and whoever else decides to go on a mission, go. It is the best decision you will ever make and I promise you that you will never regret your decision to serve! I can say that from person experience. There has not been one day that I have regretted my decision.

On Wednesday, we went up to Omaha with the Lindsey family and Nora (one of Fiona Lindsey's friends!!) and we saw "Meet the Mormons" at the trail center! It was fabulous and Nora said that she really enjoyed it! She was also at dinner on Sunday night at the Lindseys and we had a lesson on the Book of Mormon. Sister Lindsey was so great and offered her a Book of Mormon. It was very powerful!  



Rene Humanes was baptized last Saturday! It was seriously one of the best days of my mission. It was a miracle to witness how much he has changed. Even in just the last two weeks. The service was translated into both English and Spanish. It was really neat! He sang a couple of songs for everyone after the service while we are eating refreshments. It was so great! Hilda sang a song with him as well! I just love that family so much! They were all just beaming with happiness! That is what the Gospel of Jesus Christ does for people. It helps us to have joy in our families now and throughout the Eternities. I will definitely be coming back next year when they are able to be sealed as a family forever in the temple! He was confirmed a member of the church on Sunday during our Sacrament Meeting and right after, was ordained a Priest in the Aaronic Priesthood. It was quite easily, some of the happiest moments of my mission.

Thank you all for everything that you do. You are so great! I feel very lucky to be a part of such a great family! I love you all so much!

Love,

Sister Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment