Tuesday, January 20, 2015

December 29, 2014 - Happy New Year

Dear family and friends!

Hello again! It has just been a few days since I talked with you last but I hope that you finished your week out great and that everything is going well with you! I love you all so much! Thank you for making my Christmas wonderful! I cherish that time that I was able to skype with you and receive so much strength and encouragement:) Thank you as well for all of the gifts and cards that you took the time to write. I loved each of them so much! Good news! Looks like I won't starve this transfer! haha:) Our Branch was so kind and they put together some treats for us for Christmas:) They are so sweet! I love them so much and I am so thankful that I get to spend this time learning from them:) 

We had a great week! Although most of it had to be spent inside, we still saw so many miracles! Sister Wrubell got pretty sick and so she spent a lot of the week resting and trying to recover. I have been greatly blessed and haven't gotten too sick. Hopefully that can last and I can completely get over the sickness so it doesn't interfere with the work. President said that the adversary is trying to get at us through sickness because we won't let him in anywhere else. I thought that was pretty cool:) As I may have mentioned, we had interviews this week with President Weston and they went very well! I am a little nervous taking over the area in a few weeks but I know that the Lord has a plan for this area and He knows what He is doing:) So I just have to trust in Him and keep doing His will. Then, everything will work out the way that it needs to. 

As we were driving back from interviews in Grand Island on Christmas Eve, we called Sister Weston to let her know that we needed to take Sister Wrubell into an urgent care to get her looked at. She said that she didn't know of an urgent care in York but that she would look to see if she could find a nearby one online. We ended up taking a different way home than we normally do because we had felt prompted to drive that way. We looked over to our right and saw an advertisement on a car! It said "Urgent care of York!" with a phone number by it! We went around the block so that we could come back and write the number down. Then we looked to our right, and we found the urgent care! It was right there! We went and they said that they have only been open for about 3 weeks and they haven't got their information out to the public very well yet, so we probably wouldn't have found it if we hadn't gone that way home:) It was a very cool miracle that day! 

Christmas was a good day. We had more of a humble Christmas this year which was nice. It was kind of cool taking care of all of the animals. The Byers (the members we live with) were out of town so we were in charge of taking care of all of their barn animals:) It was humbling doing that on Christmas and imagining what it must have been like to be there on the day that Christ was born in a similar setting. 

We were able to see Robin last night and there were so many miracles associated with that:) It was about 8 pm last night and that is usually a bad time to go by and see her because she is normally trying to put her kids to bed and things are crazy. We felt like we really needed to go see her though. So we went. We knocked on her door and she let us in and you could tell that she was a little stressed. She said that she had been looking for AAA batteries so that she could put them in her thermometer to check her daughter's temperature. She had been running a fever and was pretty sick. We went back out and said a prayer that we would be able to find some for her. We went to our car and I looked in my camera case and I had 4 AAA batteries in there! I normally would have taken them out but for some reason I had left them in there that time. So we rushed back in and gave her the batteries and Robin said that was an answer to her prayer! It was so cool! We then taught about obedience and asked her some blessings when we obey God's commandments. We had it open to Mosiah 2:41 and were planning on reading that with her and she said an exact phrase from that scripture before we even read it. She was like WOw! the Book of Mormon can read my mind! It was very cool! But it was cool to be able to point out the Spirit to her in that moment and to help her see that she was receiving answers to her prayers. She was very grateful that we came by.    

I love you! I hope that you have a wonderful week and a happy new year! 
Love, 

Sister Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment