Tuesday, January 20, 2015

December 15, 2014 - York, The West is the Best!

Dear family and friends,




It has been a very crazy week! It was hard to say goodbye to Sister Hirro but I know that she will do a great work in Salt Lake City. Tuesday was our last day together. She left early on Wednesday morning to catch her plane back. Sister Dumont was able to stay with us starting on Tuesday, so I was companions with her up until Friday morning. We had a great time together! It was interesting planning how to do everything, because we were covering both of our areas. We decided that we didn't want to cancel any of our appointments so we ended up going on member splits for most of the evenings. It was so weird being without a companion! Especially during the dinner appointments! During the lessons, I would look to the side expecting my companion to take it from there, but then I'd realize that she wasn't there and I had to keep talking:) haha it was odd! So I am very glad that I have a full-time companion again! 

I got the information on Thursday around 10 that I was getting transferred to York Nebraska. It's about 2 hours west of Omaha. It's very small! I live in a tiny town called McCool Junction and there are about 400 people that live here! I live on a farm! We have 2 horses, 3 dogs (Sam who is blind and deaf, peanut, and  ) 4 cats, geese, ducks, chickens, and 3 goats. I can't remember if there is any other animals. 

York is part of the Aurora Branch and it is very large geographically! It is about 2-3 hours across in all directions. It is part of the 2nd largest stake in the continental United States. The Stake covers about 2/3 of Nebraska and a good part of Kansas as well. So it is a lot different than Omaha or Utah:) But it is a good different:) The members here are very strong! There was about 40 people at church yesterday. They said that on a good week, they have about 60 members come.  

We have a ton of mice and bugs here, since we live on a farm. In the last 3 days that I have been here, we have caught 5 mice! Gross! I am able to overcome all of my fears here of those things so that is a plus! One morning we went to the mouse trap and it was gone! We found it in a vent trying to escape! Crazy stuff! haha:) 

We had our Branch Christmas party on Friday night and it was good to meet all of the members:) They are so strong! I will send pictures next week! I forgot my cord to send stuff this time.. whoops! 

I am serving with Sister Wrubell. I am "Killing her off" in mission terms:) This is her last transfer. She is a very good missionary. She is very obedient and happy all of the time. I know that I can learn so much from her. The members here are very great! I love them already. There seems to be a lot of work here to do so I am excited to be here.We are pink-washing the area. (We are both new sisters coming into the area) The 2 sisters that were here both got transferred out.It was very hard leaving Fairview. I really grew to love them so much! I didn't think that I was going to be leaving, but I do know that the Lord has a plan for me and for the people here. Change will bring continual growth and help me continue to rely on the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

I hope that you have a wonderful week! I love you so much! 

Sister Christensen 

No comments:

Post a Comment