Saturday, August 30, 2014

August 25, 2014 - New Area in Bellevue, Nebraska

Dear Family and Friends,

I hope that you had a great first week of school!! And, good luck
Derrick and Jacob with starting school this week! You may have got the
news that I am no longer in Emmetsburg. We got a call on Monday
evening, informing us that we were no longer able to stay with Sister
Darling for the time being, and there are no other members that we can
stay with out there, so they had to close the Emmetsburg area to
missionaries. It was hard leaving because of all of the work we have
put into the area, but I know that Heavenly Father has great plans for
Emmetsburg in the future. Although I may not understand at this time
why things have to happen the way that they do, I do know that as we
continue to put our trust in God, things will work out the way that
they need to.

So our week was pretty crazy! We got the call Monday evening and then
had a wonderful dinner appointment with Kameron! She is the recently
returned missionary that I was telling you about last week! She is so
great! I am so thankful that I was able to meet her! We are so much
alike and actually struggle with a lot of similar things, so she was
able to help me through some things which was great! She is the oldest
of 8 kids as well so that was cool! I remember leaving her home
feeling empowered and ready to conquer the week. I hope that it will
work out for me to see her again someday!

We drove down to Sioux City on Wednesday afternoon to stay over with
Sister Larson and Sister Wrubell for a couple of nights. We were on
exchanges with them from Wednesday evening, to Saturday morning. It
was great to spend so much time with them and serve the people in
Sioux city! We saw quite a bit of miracles! We were able to have 4
lessons with less actives that they had never met before in just 2
hours on Wednesday night! It was awesome! The Lord was definitely
helping us to know where we were needed that night. After all, this is
His work and we are only the instruments through which He is able to
bring about His purposes. I am thankful that I am able to witness all
of the miracles that happen each day! I was also able to get a
Priesthood blessing on Friday which helped me out a lot I think! I am
thankful for the Priesthood and worthy Priesthood holders:)

We had Zone Conference on Thursday which was wonderful! The Spencer
Branch was in charge of the lunch so I was able to say goodbye to a
few people:) that was a tender mercy:) It was cool how everything
worked out like that in the timing:) Zone Conference was focused on
the Book of Mormon and Sacrifice. We got a challenge from our Mission
President so I would like to extend that invitation to all of you as
well!

"Today is our start of reading the Book of Mormon together! Please
invite all to read with us (your family, friends, members, part member
families, investigators) 5 pages per day ending on December 8, 2014.
Center your reading on The Atonement and having a change of HEART! I
know our Mission will be drawn nearer to God as we abide by its
precepts."

So our Mission President has asked each of us missionaries to buy a
Book of Mormon and read it together by December 8th. Why would he have
us buy one when we have boxes of free ones sitting in our car? Well,
He wants us to treasure it! If we have to buy it out of our own funds,
we will appreciate it more.:) As we read through it, He wants us to do
a study on Christ and the Atonement and how individuals have utilized
it. We are marking whenever it talks about that, as well as counting
the references to Christ, and circling the word heart whenever we see
it. He want's us to continue learning how to utilize the Atonement and
have a change of heart. I am very thankful for this invitation and I
would love it if you would do this with me!! Even if you aren't a
member of the church or haven't been in a really long time! It is only
5 pages a day! :)

"I would like to urge (everyone) to again read the Book of
Mormon...There is nothing we could do of greater importance than to
have fortified in our individual lives an unshakable conviction that
Jesus is the Christ, the living Son of the living God. And, my
brothers and sisters, that is the purpose of the coming forth of this
remarkable and wonderful book." President Gordon B. Hinckley

On Saturday morning, we drove down the rest of the way to Bellevue. It
is a great area and I am thankful that we have this chance to serve
here in the Fairview ward! We are the only set of missionaries serving
here right now, so we have our work cut out for us to do. We are
re-opening the area:) It is crazy getting transferred mid transfer,
but I know that there is a reason for this:) The fairview ward is
actually the smallest ward geographically in the area. It is about 2
by 3 miles:) So it is a big change from Emmetsburg! Our ward has an
air force base in it, so a big portion of our ward is Air force
families. It is really interesting watching their personalities come
out how they have been trained in the army:) They get the job done
though and it will be a good experience serving here:) When we got
here on Saturday, we went right to an appointment with the Harrison's,
an active family, and Brother Brown, a recent convert. He was baptized
almost a year ago! After that, we went and did service for a family
that was moving out of the ward, and met with our Ward mission leader
and Bishop Townsend. So it was a busy day! We are living in an
apartment and I think the mission is trying to spoil us:) It is a
pretty nice one compared to other apartments that missionaries live
in:) Besides the giant spiders right outside our door on the back
porch:) haha:) but we have an exterminator coming on Sept. 19th!!!
yay:)

Thank you for your continual support to me:) I really appreciate it
and all of your prayers:) I have been lifted up and carried this week
by angels and ultimately, the Savior. Because of Him, we never have to
walk this journey of life alone. He is right by our side to carry and
strengthen us! I know that to be true. I love each of you so much and
I hope that you have a wonderful week!

Love,
Sister Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment