Tuesday, February 4, 2014

February 3, 2014


Wow!!! what a week:) This was a more trying week of sorts:) but all is well still here in Nebraska:) I love being a missionary and feeling the spirit so much! I love how I can go up to random strangers all of the time and share my testimony with everyone:) I love how I have so much time to study the Book of Mormon and other church material every morning. There is never enough time to study it feels like:) Isn't a mission great? I love it:) well.. onto my week:)

Last Preparation day we went with the Millard Sisters (Sister Rasmussen and Willis) to go to the members home that invited us to go to the Pow Wow and serve. (the Maldinados) They are Native American's and we had a great time learning about their culture! We made dream catchers while we were there so I will have to send you a picture:) They turned out pretty sweet for a first timer I think:)

We have started up our normal routine of going with Sister Cooper again which is always a highlight of my week! We went to lunch at a place called Mimi's CafĂ© and it was fantastic! She bought us a plate that had 3 desserts on it to share! I was in Heaven! None of the waiters or waitresses or people in the restaurant were interested in our message.. but Hey.. It was worth a shot:) We tried anyways:)

We were able to see and keep an appointment with Sister R! (A less active member in our ward) I had been trying to see her for like 3 months now! So this was a miracle! She is the only member in her family. Her husband is very science minded and her 2 kids have taken on the dad's beliefs about everything, but they have so much hope and potential! We have now been able to see her 3 times in the last 3 weeks! So I know that the Lord's hand is in this work and timing is everything! We just have to trust in His timing.

On Wednesday my companion and I went to the Young Women's activity. It was a stake service project for the oncology unit. (cancer patients) We made blankets, friendship bracelets, inspirational message books, stuffed animals, etc. It was a lot of fun and we had several less active young women come! I really enjoy serving around the youth. Probably because I still feel like one and I was just there:) haha:) but it feels normal when I'm around them:)

Funny moment of the week that I couldn't help but share... haha I hope its as funny to you as it was to me:) I doubt that though:) I still laugh whenever I think about it:) So we have started this new thing where we play rock, paper, scissors each time we make a phone call to see who the lucky victim is:) haha:) I know, I'm still immature at times:) haha (*insert shocked face*) Ok so anyways, back to the story:) Sister Fulbright decided she would be ambitious and call the next person on the list without playing rock paper scissors:) She called a sister in the ward, sister standridge, to verify a meal appointment with her for the following day. She didn't answer so she goes to leave a message.. here is kind of how it went..:)
Sister Fulbright: Hello! Its the Sister Missionaries! We are looking for Sister Standridge.. or.. brother standridge..
Me: *muffled urgent whisper* SHE'S SINGLE!!
Sister Fulbright: Oh!! I'm so sorry!.. uhh.. *pfff* well.. *wheezing laugh* umm.. can you *laugh* give us a *laugh* call back when you get this *more wheezing* message? Luckily she took so long that the answering machine gave us the option to delete the message before it got sent! Tender mercies from the Lord! Maybe you had to be there.. but it was hilarious! We were both laughing so hard! I was rolling all over the ground having a laugh attack:) I learned my lesson! I now make sure I tell her if the people are single or not before she makes a phone call! And.. we are back to square 1: playing rock, paper, scissors again! haha

Oh and p.s. I found the best weight loss diet of the century! I could make millions off of this I'm sure!.. its the flu! A nasty case of it that is:) Yes, I came down with the flu.. what a bummer right? haha I had just gotten over my cold on Wednesday. So on Thursday I felt great! Then I woke up Friday morning around 5 feeling really nauseated.. and a short hour later I threw up.. yes I know, that's tmi:) I couldn't think of a better way to word it though:) haha I haven't been that sick for as long as I can remember. In 12 hours I threw up 29 times! It was awful! But I did manage to lose 9 pounds:) I'm sure its all water weight though:) haha so I am recovering:) But I am doing much better now! I wasn't able to go to church yesterday.. haha so I got a phone call after church asking if I could speak next Sunday in church! haha I guess I asked for it:) Jk. apparently he was planning on asking me all along:) so wish me luck! haha

Thought for the week:) Look up and watch the Mormon message titled "good things to come". Its by Elder Holland and it is really great!! Here is a little piece from it.. “Don’t give up, boy.Don’t you quit. You keep walking. You keep trying. There is help and happiness ahead—a lot ofit—30 years of it now, and still counting. You keep your chin up. It will be all right in the end.Trust God and believe in good things to come.” I love that! No matter how bleak, dark, or hard the present may look, you keep walking! Things will always get better! Your future is as bright as your faith!!

Love you all!! have a great week!! Good luck in surgery dad! I'll be praying for you!!

With Love,
Sister Christensen:)

P.S. "Excellence is not an act but a habit. The things you do the most are the things you do the best" (Marva Collins).

No comments:

Post a Comment