Tuesday, October 28, 2014

October 14, 2014 - Meet the Mormons

Hey mom, dad, family, and friends,

I love you all so much! Thank you for your support! Good luck Maddy with your competitions! It's good to talk with you again and tell you of a few of the many miracles that we have seen this week! Thank you so much for the package with the Temple names!! I really appreciated it!

First of all, I was able to go to the temple on Saturday Afternoon with Sister Mandy Peterson! She is a lady that I worked with while I was serving in the Lakeview Ward, and she was able to go through and receive her endowments in the Winter Quarters Temple! I was so happy!! It was amazing to see her and the changes that she has made in her life from the first time I met her:) She is still trying to stay strong and raise her children in the church, even though she doesn't have a lot of support from her husband right now. She is amazing! There were many people that came from the Lakeview Ward to support her as well!! So we had a big, happy, Lakeview family reunion in the temple:) It was wonderful! I was smiling ear to ear the whole time:) Among the people there, some of them included the Gudjenov's (My Bulgarian family that I lived with!!) and Sister Fulbright! (who goes home in 3 weeks:/) There was probably about 15 people from Lakeview there! I loved it! It has been a while since I have been in the temple but it was well worth the wait:) And.. I was able to have the work done for all 12 females that you sent! Thank you! There is always such a special spirit in the temple when we take our own family names:) I know that they were there and it is such a wonderful feeling to feel so close to your ancestors:) 



I was able to go and see "Meet the Mormons" last night for our family home evening with Bro. Brown, Angie, the Hartigans, and a young single adult- Krista Green! I am not going to lie.. it was so weird and awkward being inside a movie theater again! I didn't like it:) I felt like I was committing a crime the whole time! haha jk:) but I loved the movie!! It was very well put together! I think I liked the parts about the candy bomber, the kick boxer, and the missionary mom the best.. well actually. I think I liked all of it! I am not sure when it is showing in Utah, but it is a great non threatening missionary tool! We went for Krispy Cream doughnuts after:) Lots of fun!

So last Friday evening, we went and saw our investigator N F again! We didn't have an appointment set, just felt like we should stop by:) If you remember, when we initially met them, his wife K and mother B were very stand-off-ish! They didn't seem interested at all! But we talked with N and began teaching him. Sister Hirro and Sister Dumont saw them next and gave him a Book of Mormon! which was a huge miracle because the first time that we met him, he wouldn't take it:) He watched General Conference! and really loved it! He said that he was really shocked to see that they talked a lot about the Bible and not just the Book of Mormon. That really opened him up and he loved listening to the Prophet. K had been in the other room over hearing it and came out for the last talk to watch it with him! She also glanced a little at the Book of Mormon because he had sat it down on the counter. So that is all stuff that happened prior to Friday:) onto Friday when we saw them.. B answered the door and let us right in and said that she would go grab N. He came right out of his office and we went into the living room and... B and K both grabbed their Bibles and sat down with us! K was so receptive and soaked in everything that we taught! She didn't even quote one Bible reference against us! (N warned us that she has Bible bashed with any missionary from any religion that has ever come by! so this was a huge miracle!) We taught them the message of the Restoration and they each accepted their own personal copy of the Book of Mormon to read and pray about! The spirit was very strong! We have an appointment with them on Friday night to follow up with their reading and praying! Pray for them!

So good news!! As of yesterday, we are no longer in car shares!!! We got a call yesterday saying that they had a car that we could use at the mission office so we zoomed down there to pick it up! It is a sweet car! It was the Assistants old car:) It is one of the newest cars in the mission! It is a 2014 chevy cruze LT:) I really like it!! Haha I think that this is the nicest car I will drive for a long time:) 

Another quick story. We have an Investigator named B. She has a lot of trust issues and is not all the way there mentally. There was a pretty bad situation that we got put in the other day but I will have to tell you about it another time. We had to leave her home due to some things going on there, but we left her a Mormon Tabernacle Choir CD of mine to help her lift her spirits and create a peaceful environment in her home. We got a call the next morning at 7 am from her husband. I was really nervous when I first answered the phone, not knowing what to expect, but he said that they both really, really, liked the music and they wanted us to get the lyrics for them so that they could read and study them:) The spirit in their home completely changed over night from a simple thing of listening to a spiritual cd. That was a neat experience to show the power of music and how it effects us so much for good, or negatively:) So be very careful on your choice of media and music:) It has a huge effect on you without you even realizing it!

On Wednesday, we got a pretty cool service opportunity that we will be volunteering at a couple weeks each month. It is called JUMP (Jesus Use Me Please). It is a non-denominational Christian church that we are serving at. They provide service for the community each Wednesday night. Last week, we made sack lunches for the Open Door Mission. It is for homeless people:) It is a really neat service opportunity, being involved in other churches, but it is really hard not being able to answer the kid's questions that they ask. We aren't allowed to proselyte there as part of the volunteer thing but I know that seeds are getting planted and one day, they will find someone that they can ask those questions to again:)

We had interviews with President Weston and that went well and my training was pretty good as well this week:) I will tell you more about it later! Sorry there is so much stuff to write about! Overall, it has been a good week and we continue to see many miracles! It was a packed week! But packed with Spiritual greatness:) haha:) Love you all so much! Have a wonderful week!! 
Love,

Sister Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment