Monday, April 21, 2014

April 21, 2014

Dear Family,
 I love you!! I hope you had a wonderful Easter! I did:) It was a wonderful roller coaster of a week:) Apparently I have a lot of stretching still to do:) haha but I am being strengthened:) I had an interview with President Weston that helped a lot:) I will have to write about it later though for lack of time:) anyways, don't worry:) I'm doing ok:)

First of all I have huge news!!! R accepted the baptismal commitment to get baptized!!! This is for reals!! We have set the tentative date of May 3rd but we think we are going to move it back a week. (May 10th!!!) I am so happy I might die from happiness over here:) not going to lie. As soon as Sister Fulbright and I walked out of the lesson and she was out of sight we were dancing around and doing heal clicking:) haha:) Then as we got in the car, we were screaming like crazy!! haha:) good times! good times:)


Easter was really great this week:) We had a lot of great members looking out for us:) I believe you got a couple of pictures from this week:) We decorated eggs with the Gudjenovs Saturday night:) It was a lot of fun:) They have really cool traditions in Bulgaria and we implemented a few of them into our routine:) One of them is they take the eggs after they have been hard boiled and decorated, and you smash the tips of everyones eggs together. The person with the last egg to get cracked is the winner:) (hope that made a little sense:)) Sister Fulbright and I won:) Apparently it is a huge thing there and all of the kids run around smashing eggs with each other until they have a winner:) the winner is supposedly supposed to have good luck for a year:) Pretty sweet:) haha

We had dinner last night at the Taylor's house. They had a non member friend there (her name was Teresa) and the spirit was so strong during that lesson! I honestly don't think I have ever felt the spirit stronger in a lesson than that one. She is leaving to Alaska for 5 months and is going to read the Book of Mormon while she is there. It was awesome! Oh and I had to repent after being in their house;) It was gorgeous!! Haha I tried not to covet:) haha:) He is the CEO for Oriental Trading Company. Do you remember the magazines we always got in the mail? yep that's the one:) haha:) So I have some ins now:) haha

Thank you for the cards that I received and the pictures today through email:) I loved them!!! you guys look so good:) you are growing up way too quick tho!! do you want to do me a favor and slow down a little bit? :) I'm glad that you had such a fun time at Arches and that you soaked up some sun:) how wonderful:)

So I am sure that you watched the video "Because of Him", but if you haven't already, I recommend it!   "Jesus is the Son of God, our Savior and Redeemer. Because of Him, death is not the end, and life takes on new meaning. We can change, we can start over—and we can live again with God. This Easter, celebrate His life and discover all that’s possible because of Him." One of my favorite scriptures on the resurrection is found in Mosiah 16:7-9 

7 "And if Christ had not risen from the dead, or have broken the bands of death that the grave should have no victory, and that death should have no asting, there could have been no resurrection.
 8 But there is a aresurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of bdeathis swallowed up in Christ.
9 He is the alight and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death."
Because of Him, the grave has no victory and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ. Because of Him, no goodbye lasts forever. Because of Him, we will be able to live again in our Father's presence with our families for eternity:) I am everything, because of Him!
Have a wonderful week!!
Love you lots!!

Sister Christensen:)  

No comments:

Post a Comment