Wednesday, April 16, 2014

April 14, 2014 - Happy Easter

Hey my dear family and friends:)

I hope that things are going well for you and continue to do so. I am glad that you were all able to have a really great Spring Break. From what I've heard, it sounds like you were able to do a lot of fun things and enjoy your time off:) That is wonderful! I am so glad to hear that:) Omaha is pretty crazy when it comes to weather:) It has been a long, cold winter and then all of the sudden it got really hot and humid:) Saturday was in the 80's and very humid.. then we wake up this morning to snow everywhere again:) haha it's super bipolar:) I don't understand it:) Only in Omaha:) haha so I'm sorry if the email is any shorter today than normal:) we realized that we didn't have a car scraper in our new car either..so our hands were the next default option:) so I am trying to defrost my hands as we speak:) haha:)

This week was a pretty good week:) It stretched me emotionally but everything is ok:) My testimony of the Atonement continues to grow each day:) I am so thankful for a loving Savior that overcame everything that we would ever experience so that we would never have to run this race alone:)

Haha so onto my week. We had exchanges again with our Sister Training Leaders, Sisters Page and Larson. I spent the day in Papillion again with Sister Larson this time which was wonderful! I had no idea that you could get a headache from laughing too much:) but, it happened:) haha our heads were pounding by the end of the exchange:) haha at least we had a really good time:) haha she had us switch roles for a little bit so I was acting like the STL:) It was nice to be able to feel like I could help her:) haha you know me, I am not one to normally open up to people and share problems, so it was nice that I could do what I like to do and help other people with their things:) But, let me tell you:) It was the most awkward exchange in the world!!! no joke!! I will tell you of a few of the things that happened:)

One of their investigators had her home flooded. But, this wasn't any normal kind of flood. It wasn't the kind where your basement fills up with water... It was their sewer! It got backed up or something and so it all came back up through their toilets, sinks, etc. Their basement was about 4 inches tall everywhere you could see with nasty sewer water. Haha so here is a lesson for you kiddos:) when mom asks you to clean up and do some simple chores around the house, don't complain! It could be worse! You could have been cleaning up a basement full of nastiness like I did:) haha:) Being a missionary has really humbled me, because I now have the opportunity to do a lot of service that I would have never gotten the chance to do before.:)

Haha some other things from the exchange I won't go into detail in, but needless to say, we had quite a few people open the door without sufficient clothing on. There were 2 that were completely bare. I never know how to react and what to do in those situations:) haha:) it must have been because its a lower class area because I saw more people like that, that day, than I have my entire stay in Lakeview combined! Awkward:) haha:) on that note...

I am really looking forward to Easter this week:) It is a wonderful time of year to more fully remember our Savior and His sacrifice for all of us. I watched a Mormon message titled "None were with Him" if you would like to take the time and watch it. It is from Holland so you can count on it being super powerful! I am so thankful for my Savior. Here is an excerpt from Elder Bednar's most recent General Conference talk on the Atonement.
"The Savior said:
“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
“Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
“For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light” (Matthew 11:28–30).
A yoke is a wooden beam, normally used between a pair of oxen or other animals that enables them to pull together on a load. A yoke places animals side-by-side so they can move together in order to accomplish a task.
Consider the Lord’s uniquely individual invitation to “take my yoke upon you.” Making and keeping sacred covenants yokes us to and with the Lord Jesus Christ. In essence, the Savior is beckoning us to rely upon and pull together with Him, even though our best efforts are not equal to and cannot be compared with His. As we trust in and pull our load with Him during the journey of mortality, truly His yoke is easy and His burden is light.
We are not and never need be alone. We can press forward in our daily lives with heavenly help. Through the Savior’s Atonement we can receive capacity and “strength beyond [our] own”
I know that our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ love us more than we can comprehend. The Atonement is for us and His sacrifice is in vain if we don't use it. We can repent and become more like Him, receive strength and comfort through hard times, etc. It covers everything and is there for us each time we need it:) I know this, because I have seen this personally in my life and in those people around me. It is amazing!
Have a wonderful Easter! I love you!
Sister (Erica) Christensen:)

"Life by the yard is hard, but by the inch it's a cinch". "Consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God...if they hold out faithful to the end...they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness."(Mosiah 2:41). "Why should we mourn or think our lot is hard? 'Tis not so: all is right...Happy day! All is well!" Don't worry. whatever the struggle may be, we have lots of people around us and the Lord to help:)

No comments:

Post a Comment