Wednesday, October 23, 2013

October 21, 2013 - I'm in Omaha!


Hey family!! I love you!!

How are you all doing? I'm so happy that today is pday! I have missed you guys so much and I am so thankful for email communication so that I can talk with you guys! This has been a crazy week. I don't even know where to begin. Last Sunday was a really cool experience being in the MTC. Bonnie L. Oscarson the General YW President came and spoke to us and it was great! It was basically about how when the Lord asks or calls us to do something, he ALWAYS provides a way for us to accomplish it through the enabling power of the atonement. 2 people can accomplish anything as long as 1 of them is the Lord. That was a perfectly timed message considering I left the next morning to go out in the field. We woke up at 2 on Monday morning getting ready to head out. We took the front runner at 3:30 so we were all really tired:) It made for a long day of flying but It was so great to talk with you guys on the phone! It was hard im not going to lie but it was so great to hear your voices and encouragement!! I really appreciate all of your support to me!

MOM! get on facebook and become friends with Zoe Anne Weston!! She is the mission Pres wife and she posts pictures of us on there for our family!

When we arrived in Omaha there was a crazy storm welcoming us in:) I have never seem so much thunder and lightning and rain in my life in one setting! Its crazy! There are literally rivers running down the street and the sky was purple with all of the lightning.. I am definitely not looking forward to the winters here.. haha but all is well:)

So I am serving in west Omaha in an area called Lake View. It is really pretty and the people here are very wealthy. There are a lot of trees in Omaha which I didn't expect! Its really green and pretty:) So I live in a members home and it is really nice. My trainer is Sister Frisina from Arizona.


We were able to go to the Trail Center on Tuesday and go on a tour. It is by the temple grounds and it is so pretty! On the temple grounds there is the cemetery with a lot of the pioneers buried that died there. There is such a special spirit on the temple grounds there because of that that you don't find anywhere else. After all of that we teamed up with another missionary and went on splits. My first tracting experience was getting a knife pulled on me.. That was welcoming..:) haha the guy was a little crazy and he hasn't had a good experience with Christians in the past. So He said, "I've got my eyes on you and my hand on this.." as he pulls out a knife. So we ended the conversation and quickly went off:) haha but don't worry I'm safe:) That night we had dinner at the Mission Pres home and had a testimony mtg before we got our calls where we were headed.. :) It was a very spiritual experience. It is always amazing being surrounded by so many missionaries.

Thank you for the emails! im going to read them later so it doesn't take up my email time and I'll reply later! Thank you though!! I really appreciate it!

The address of the home I am living in is:
16611 L Street
Omaha, NE 68135

I think I'm sending home pictures today through mail.. so hopefully that gets to you soon:) 

LOVE YOU!!!
Sister Erica Lynn Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment