Thursday, June 5, 2014

May 28, 2014 - My Friend Sparky

Dear family and friends,

I hope that you are enjoying your last week of school! I can't believe that it is already time for summer:) You are all probably super busy this week:) I can remember how crazy everything is:) Enjoy your time
though, it ends quickly:) Emily, I am so happy for you that you are getting baptized this week! You have made the right choice and I know that mom and dad are so proud of you, friends and family are proud of
you, I’m proud of you!, but even more importantly, Heavenly Father is so proud of you!! In 3 John 1:4 it says, "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." I know that our Heavenly
Father is so happy when we make correct choices:)

This past week was wonderful going to zone conference! It was such a tender mercy! We drove up on Wednesday afternoon to meet some sisters in Sioux city to car pool up the rest of the way.. :) and guess who I
saw? Sister Rasmussen!!! My dear friend that used to serve in Millard! It was so great and I laughed and had a good time! It was wonderful! I'm sure that we are going to remain good friends for a long time:) I
also saw Sister Reidhead! My MTC companion!! It was a happy day of reunions!! I couldn't help but think how it will be to see all of you again:)

Our zone conference was focused a lot on families and our future families:) It was weird because that is usually a taboo topic out here! haha:) Satan tried to destroy Joseph Smith, then He attacked the Book of Mormon, and since that hasn't worked out yet, He is after the family. We need to do all we can to keep ourselves and our families strong so that we can push those influences out!

If you have any fears about spiders, stop reading right now!! So.. we had a pet spider last week and we called him sparky.. He liked hiding in the base boards under one of our power outlets.. So we couldn't ever get to him because he was really quick. So we went several days without finding him. We hoped that he had died. But.. we weren't that lucky.. yesterday morning I woke up around 5 am to something crawling up my leg! It was a wolf spider! and it was huge! I thought that I
was going to die!! haha:) but I was able to get it off without any harm and we had sister darling kill it:) (she was awake already! don't worry!) haha:) It was terrifying though!!! R.I.P sparky!

This next week is fast sunday so I want all of you to think of what Heavenly Father would have you fast about and do it:) Make it meaningful and prayerful:) I know that there are great blessings from fasting:) Our Father in Heaven hears and answers prayers!

I love you all!!
Have a great last week of school and baptism!!!
Love,
Sister Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment