Thursday, May 15, 2014

May 12, 2014

Hey Family and Friends!

It was so good to see you all last night:) You all seemed happy and that you are doing well:) Sorry the phone call was so crazy!! But hey, who can say they had their mother's day phone call interrupted by a tornado?? haha:) It's a pretty cool story if I do say so myself:) You can thank me for that later:) haha jk:) But if any of you didn't hear, we had tornados in Nebraska last night! At one point, the tornados were over the area where I live (literally) but they didn't touch the ground around us. There is a lot of damage to trees and some buildings, but it could have been a lot worse! In some areas of the mission, they got it pretty bad and at one point, there was a 2 mile long tornado hitting. So I am very thankful that everyone around me is doing ok:) While I was on the phone, my adrenaline was going crazy still from the rush of hearing the sirens and hurrying to the basement:) All of the Frederick's grandkids were going crazy so it was a little hard to concentrate:) So if I acted weird, you can attribute it to all of that:) haha even though that is probably my normal quirky self:) haha:) I never thought that that would actually happen:) I will attach a picture of what our view from the front yard looks like:) haha


All in all, it was a good mother's day:) We played dominos during our dinner break with Sister Gudjenov:) She really appreciated that since she was home alone:) and it was a lot of fun! haha its been a while since I've played games but watch out.. im still just as skilled:) haha I won both rounds:)

So last week we were able to go to the temple again!! It was wonderful! We were able to do the work for 13 individuals from our family:) Just one female didn't get done so you will have to do that quick for her:) I am sending them home today so you can expect to get them on Wednesday or Thursday:) Anyways, I am so thankful that I have been able to serve so close to the temple since I have been here. Although a 45 minute drive may seem far away to those of you in Utah:) haha:) 

If you haven't already seen it, watch the Mormon message #itwasmom (why we need mom) it is great! and I felt like it described my mother perfectly:)

For this week I want you all to go onto LDS.org and look under general conference. You will probably have already noticed this but it is such a good and simple way to share the gospel. On the side of each talk, there is a picture that you can share online:) It is awesome!! shown below is an example! You can put it in an email, facebook, pinterest, etc. I know that as you try and share the gospel and pray to know how and what to do, the Holy Ghost will guide your thoughts and actions and you will be the means of inviting others to come unto Christ.  



As you know, transfers are this week. wish me luck! haha  

Thank you for being a wonderful family! I love you all so much!

With love,

Sister Christensen

No comments:

Post a Comment