Monday, January 13, 2014

January 13, 2014

Hey mom, dad, and family!!

I love you guys so much!!! I hope that you are all doing well. You are in my thoughts and prayers:) 

so.. transfers were this week!! I am staying in Lakeview. My companion Sister Frisina got transferred to a place called Hastings (a small town about 2 hours west of Omaha). She is with sister Reidhead (my mtc companion!) not gunna lie.. I was a little jealous when I saw that sister Frisina would get sister reidhead, but its all good!! I love my companion! My new companion is Sister Fulbright. She is great! I think that this will be a really great transfer!! She is from Washington State and has been out on her mission for about 9 months now. She has served in Hastings her whole mission so far. So our companionships just switched with each other! It is very different for her from switching from a small town to a big city, but she loves it!  

We taught T the first half of the Restoration on Friday and she received most of it very well. She has lots of questions about everything and agreed to have us teach her the discussions!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So we have another appointment scheduled with her this Wednesday at 6:30!!! we will finish teaching her the restoration!! I am so excited!!! She is very open and prepared!! its a miracle!!

I don't have very much noteworthy things to share today. Nothing too crazy has changed in my area this past week. Just so you can plan and expect it, I won't be able to email next Monday because of Martin Luther King day, so I will be emailing at some point next Tuesday is the plan:)

Oh another change happened as well. We are now in a car share so that will be difficult.. They have an increased number of missionaries now in the mission and an increase in wrecks or car damage lately, so we are low on cars. but its ok! So that means that we will only get the car every other week. We will be walking the other weeks to get around. Hopefully we can find a few ward members that will give us some rides to some appointments to make it a little easier:) It's a big area so it takes a long time to walk around but I have faith in this decision and I know that by being outside all the time for those weeks, we will be able to find those prepared people!! So I know that this change will bring blessings to this area!! haha as long as I don't get frostbite:) It will teach me humility and being willing to ask people for help:) so it will be a good thing for me to learn.:)

My training went well this past week. Thank you for all of the input that you sent with scriptures and talks!! it helped so much!! thank you!! I know that Heavenly Father is very aware of you guys and that He is watching over you for me while I'm away. I have faith that everything will be ok and that you are in His hands. That gives me so much comfort knowing that while I'm away:) I love you all and I hope that you have a wonderful week!! Happy Birthday Chandler, Jacob, and Derrick!! I hope that you have wonderful birthdays!! Know that I am thinking about you and I'm sending birthday wishes your way!!

Love,
Erica

(Sister Christensen)

No comments:

Post a Comment